You Should Avoid These 6 Colorado Cities After Sunset
While Colorado may seem like a safe state to live in, some parts of the state still to this day feel like the wild wild West. Some areas of Colorado can be riddled with crime involving property and violence.
These cities could be perfectly fine during the day; however, as the old saying goes, "Nothing good happens after midnight." So, it's probably the best course of action to avoid dangerous areas after the sun goes down.
RoadSnacks has compiled the most dangerous cities in Colorado, and we think these are places you should avoid after the sun goes down. Of course, a lot of these dangerous areas can be confined into pockets in certain cities, and entire cities as a whole may not be dangerous.
Colorado's Most Dangerous Cities
The capital city of Colorado ranks higher in the violent crime category than Los Angeles, California. Denver residents have a 1 in 116 chance of being violently attacked.
- Denver Violent Crime Rate Per 100K: 857
- Denver Property Crime Rate Per 100K: 4,648
Located in the Denver Metro Area, Lakewood is the eighth most dangerous city in the state of Colorado when it comes to violent crime,
- Lakewood Violent Crimes Per 100K: 565
- Lakewood Property Crimes Per 100K: 5,040
Pueblo is in Southern Colorado on the I-25 corridor and is the most dangerous city in Colorado for violent crimes.
- Pueblo Violent Crimes Per 100K: 1,045
- Pueblo Property Crimes Per 100K: 4,630
Located in south-central Colorado, Alamosa averaged one rape case per month in 2020. When it comes to violent crimes, Alamosa was the fifth most dangerous city in the state of Colorado.
- Alamosa Violent Crimes Per 100K: 754
- Alamosa Property Crimes Per 100K: 5,005
Sheridan is another city located in the Denver Metro Area and has seen its violent crime rate dwindle in recent years. However, Sheridan, Colorado, has been ranked as the second most dangerous city in Colorado in terms of property crime.
- Sheridan Violent Crimes Per 100K: 560
- Sheridan Property Crimes Per 100K: 10,102
Glendale, Colorado, is the most dangerous city in the state, according to RoadSnacks. Residents of Glendale had odds of one to 107 of being a victim of violent crime in 2020. When it comes to property crime, Glendale was the most dangerous by a long shot.
- Glendale Violent Crimes Per 100K: 934
- Glendale Property Crimes Per 100K: 17,242