SUV Stolen at Gun Point: 16-year-old Grand Junction Boy Arrested
A 16-year old boy and three others stole an SUV in Grand Junction, sped off and crashed it. One suspect was arrested while three others are still outstanding.
On Sunday night, September 22, around 8 p.m., Mesa County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report about a stolen vehicle. The victim told authorities four people told his SUV at gunpoint at Long Family Memorial Park. Long Family Memorial Park is off of F Road, between 31 and 31 1/2 Road.
The owner of the 2000 GMC Yukon was assaulted during the robbery while two other passengers were not injured in the incident. The robbers drove the SUV through Long Family Memorial Park's landscaping then into the street.
Authorities spotted the stolen Yukon driving recklessly fast on North Avenue near 29 Road, according to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office. At the intersection of F Road and I-70 B, the SUV crashed into a car and passengers sustained minor injuries.
The SUV stopped in some bushes on F Road and the one suspect in the car got out and took off running. Authorities arrested the suspect, 16-year-old Andre Carothers. The weapons have been recovered but three other suspects are still outstanding.
- 3 counts of Aggravated Robbery - Class 3 Felony
- Crime of Violence - Sentence Enhancer
- Violent Junevile Offender - Stence Engahncer
- Vehicular Eluding - Class 4 Felony
- First Degree Criminal Trespssas - Class 5 Felony
- 3 counts of Menacing - Class 5 Felony
- First Degree Aggravated Motor Vehicle Theft - Class 4 Felony
- Second Degree Aggravated Motor Vehicle Theft - Class 6 Felony
- Possession of I/II Substance - Class 4 Drug Felony
- Special Offender Charge 18-18-407 - Class 1 Drug Felony
- Possession of a Hand Gun by a Juvenile - Class 2 Misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving - Class 2 Traffic Offense
- Reckless Endangerment - Class 3 Misdemeanor
- Obstructing a Peace Officer - Class 2 Misdemeanor