How to Spot a Fake Coloradan
I was talking to my mom on the phone last night and she said, "can you believe all the folks that are shocked about the weather here in Colorado? Obviously, they're not from here."
It's true. I'm a native of Colorado and I remember my dad telling our guest from out-of-town "if they didn't like the weather here in Colorado wait 30 minutes."
Some people pretend to know Colorado but I can spot an impostor a mile away. Here are five reasons you know they're not from here and five reasons you know they are.
YOU ARE NOT FROM COLORADO IF:
- You're surprised that it snowed in May
- You don't wear flip-flops year round regardless of the weather
- You pronounce Arvada, Colorado wrong
- You call Elitch's in Downtown Denver Six Flags
- You think dressing up means formal wear
YOU ARE FROM COLORADO WHEN:
- You know that there's more than one meaning to the phrase "Rocky Mountain High"
- You go skiing the same week you go for a ride on your bike
- You know who the Frozen Dead Guy is
- You consider a drive from Denver to Grand Junction as a "short trip"
- You know why Denver is called "The Mile High City" and it has nothing to do with pot