Nomophobia is the Fear of ‘No Mo’ Phone’ — Do You Suffer From This?
Do you fear losing your cell phone? The Detroit News is reporting a survey in Britain says that 66% of the folks in Britain suffer from of nomophobia -- the fear of losing or being unable to use a cellphone. Is your cell phone attached to you at all times?
Looks like 70% of women and 61% of men worry they will lose their cell phone and a earlier survey found that the average person with a smartphone checks it 34 times a day! That sounds about right for me.
I can tell you if I don't have my cell phone I go crazy! I actually have a very crazy phone schedule, check it out:
- Every morning at 3 AM I wake up to randomly check Facebook.
- At 6 AM my alarm goes off and I check Facebook -- all three of my accounts.
- 7:30 AM rolls around and I check my email, my calendar for appointments and Facebook.
- I arrive at work around 8:30 AM check my emails again, listen to messages and check on Facebook, again
- And at some point in the morning I get at least one phone call from my mother.
How often do you check your cellphone?