Low Cost Flights Out of GJ Coming Soon – Things To Do in Mesa, AZ
Allegiant Air announced flight service from Grand Junction to Mesa, Arizona, will commence on April 5. Introductory fares are very reasonable. How about taking a trip to Mesa just for the heck of it?
According to the Daily Sentinel, service from Grand Junction Regional Airport to Pheonix-Mesa Gateway begins this April. At kickoff, fares are very inexpensive, coming in as low as $49 each way. Flights run Monday and Friday.
Have you been to Mesa/Pheonix lately? I haven't been down there in years. How about making the trip just for fun? Let's say you do - what exactly could you do for fun in Mesa, Arizona? Here are ten ideas courtesy of vacationidea.com.
- Mesa Arts Center - 210,000 square foot center for performing arts as well as visual arts.
- Usery Mountain Regional Park - a 3,648-acre park that offers camping locations, mountain biking and hiking trails, and scenic landscapes.
- Hohokam Stadium - a 12,500-seat baseball park in Mesa. It is also known as the Dwight W. Patterson Field.
- Mesa Historical Museum - collection contains a large number of objects that depict the history of Mesa, including a very good replica of an early adobe school. The museum also has a comprehensive collection of early agricultural tools.
- Arizona Museum of Natural History - exhibits displays related to the culture, habitat, and history of the Southwestern United States.
- Rockin’ R Ranch - a real historical working horse and cattle pioneer ranch that has a special place in the history of Arizona.
- Commemorative Air Force Museum - displays many aircraft as well as World War II artifacts and memorabilia. In addition to offering tours, the museum hosts many events and can be rented for special occasions.
- Desert Belle Cruises - offers narrated guided tours on Saguaro Lake.
- Superstition Farm - a functioning dairy farm that provides visitors, especially kids, with the opportunity to learn about dairy farming and colorful but hard rural life.
- The i.d.e.a. Museum - a children’s museum that encourages kids to see the world in a different way through art, imagination, and creativity.
That's a short list of only ten suggestions. Vacationidea.com has several more suggestions. Mesa features a number of fascinating restaurants and farmers markets. While it's safe to say you have no desire to get on a plane and fly to Arizona to get a watermelon, you might use it as a chance to get away.
This new flight offered by Allegiant Air could be just the opportunity you've been looking for. Even if you don't know anyone in Mesa, you could use this service for quick getaways. Fly out Friday morning, spend the weekend in Mesa, and then fly back Monday. Right here, right now, the airfare comes in at less than $100 for travel both directions.
Air service from Grand Junction to Mesa, Arizona, starts soon. Okay, so it's not a getaway to Honolulu or Vienna, but it is a quick, inexpensive getaway. If you make the trip, consider visiting some of the sites on this list.