Lit Cigarette Thrown Out Car Window Sparks Fire Outside of Wellington
Though summer is coming to an end, it's still hot out there. A small grass fire erupted along I-25 on Wednesday after someone tossed a cigarette.
The Wellington Fire Protection District was called out to put out a fire that was putting out a lot of dark smoke along I-25 on Wednesday afternoon, after a lit cigarette sparked a fire in the dry grass within the median.
Larimer County Sheriff's Office later tweeted a warning to drivers that tossing ANY burning material from your vehicle is indeed a crime: