List of Fun Things to do in Glenwood Springs
As I am still learning more about the beautiful state that we call home, it's amazing to me at how many fun activities and how much beauty surrounds us here in the Grand Valley. I could sit here in Grand Junction and just admire the scenery around us but there is so much more to explore.
With only a short 90 minute drive you could take a short trip over to Glenwood Springs and spend the day having fun outdoors as there is so much to do. If you're thinking about a day trip with the family to have fun here is a list of activities that the whole family could have fun doing.
- Hike Hanging Lake Trail - The hike can be a challenge but it's only 1.2 miles to the lake and a bit further to Sprouting Rock. Water and snacks are suggested for the hike but it will provide beautiful views and it's fun for the whole family.
- Glenwood Cavern Adventure Park - They have a new Glenwood Gondola and other fun rides to take advantage of. Some of the rides are only open seasonally, but this would be perfect if you have thrill seekers in your family.
- Linwood Cemetary - Buried in Linwood Cemetary is Doc Holiday, former gangster, gambler, and dentist. Kid Curry is also buried there, just make sure you take some drinking water for the hike to see the cemetery.
- Glenwood Canyon Bike Trail - The bike trail winds through a canyon and offers an amazing view of the Colorado River. While the path is nice and paved, you will want to bring headphones as the trail is near the I-70 highway.
- Casey Brewing Taproom - There are lots of delicious beer that is created in Colorado, but this might be the best place when your craving a sour beer. They offer a handful of rotating taps from all over Colorado, sure to please any beer drinker.
What other fun things do you like to do or see when you're visiting Glenwood Springs?