Grand Junction Colorado Likes This Most About Their Jobs
I asked on Facebook, "What's your favorite part of your job?" This is what folks in Grand Junction, Colorado had to say.
Obviously, responses to this question could go any which way. You provided both positive and negative answers, along with answers in every color of the rainbow.
Working Hard In Grand Junction, Colorado
I, for one, am just glad to have a job. It seems many of you agree. Look at the responses below, and you can't help but reach the conclusion that many of us are simply delighted to have a job to report to each day.
Anything is better than Grand Junction circa 1984 when you'd see 75 people standing in line desperately hoping to land a part-time job at a convenience store. Grand Junction went through some rough times back then.
Staying Positive On The Job
The website When I Work offers "18 Simple Ways to Remain Positive at Work." Their suggestions include:
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Fill your mind with positive input.
- Control your language.
- Create a routine for the day.
- Be nice to other people.
- Don’t rely on an outside source of positivity.
- Create high points in each day and week.
- Assume responsibility, and choose your response.
- Decide your reaction to known problems ahead of time.
- Breathe deeply.
- Make a mission statement.
- Have personal goals.
- Remember that no one owes you anything.
- Stop complaining.
- Embrace laughing.
- Be curious and embrace learning.
- Look to long-term instead of short-term.
- Fake it until you make it.
Ah, the old "Fake It Until You Make It" approach. I've mastered that one.
On The Job In Grand Junction Colorado
Check out your replies. It appears as though those in the service industry loved their customers. Several of you said so. Those in child care and the medical field seem to love their clients, too. Those who list their occupation as "retired" really love their jobs.