Dave Bradley’s All-Time Favorite Power Ballads
What are your favorite ballads from the 80s and 90s? Here are my top five!
1. Who could not love Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You? "The Bodyguard" was a HUGE movie, and along with it came a major movie soundtrack featuring this hit song. This song was originally released by Dolly Parton back in the early 70s and what Whitney did with it was purely amazing!
2. Extreme "More Than Words" -- This was such a great power ballad that I cannot remember anyone who did not know every word when this song was playing on the radio!
3. "Hold My Hand" Hootie and the Blowfish -- Before Darius Rucker hit the scene as a country artist, we all knew and loved him as Hootie from Hootie and The Blowfish. This band was famous for a string of lighter ballads "Let Her Cry" and "Hold My Hand"
4. "I Could Fall In Love" Selena -- Another amazing singer who we lost too soon. The tragic story of Selena made national headlines.
5. "End of the Road" Boyz II Men -- Need I say more? This group won the hearts of women around the world with a seductive sound that today still cannot be beat.
What was your favorite ballad??