Top 5 Things You May Not Know About Your Breakfast
We are always told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We were wrong. According to Time Magazine, there are some amazing things about breakfast you may not know.
1. According to two different studies conducted by the University of Alabama at Birmingham shows that if you skip breakfast, it would not have any effect on weight loss. The other study showed that eating breakfast every morning had nothing to do with metabolism improvement.
2. Breakfast is a fairly new invention. In the United States, breakfast was not introduced until the mid to late 1800's.
3. If you are a yogurt breakfast eater, you might be surprised to know that yogurt did not become a true breakfast food until the late 1980's. If you are a Greek yogurt eater, that particular type of breakfast did not even become popular until very recently. In 2007, Greek yogurt sales only accounted for less than 1%. Today is very different with over half of all sales of yogurt.
4. Fiber and protein are the most important factors according to a study from The Mayo Clinic. If you eat oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, or smoothies without added sugar, this will be all the energy you need to start off your day.
5. A final study shows that if you like dessert, that if you have it for breakfast and eat a low calorie diet had better weight loss results. People in this study showed fewer cravings and feeling less hungry throughout the day. So don't expect to have dessert every morning, that will not help you.