Mesa County Office Closures for Independence Day 2019
The Independence Day weekend is coming up. As you can imagine, many Mesa County offices will be closed for Thursday, July 4. Here's a partial rundown.
I sincerely hope you have big plans for the upcoming weekend. With any luck, you'll celebrate our nation's independence with family and friends. One thing none of us will be doing is visiting these Mesa County offices. Here's a list of offices closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- County Commissioners
- County Attorney
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- IT, Surveyor
- Treasurer (544 Rood Ave.)
- Clerk & Recorder
- Motor Vehicle
- Clerk to the Board (200 S. Spruce St.)
- Department of Human Services (510 29 1/2 Road)
- District Attorney's Office (125 N. Spruce St.)
- Facilities and Fairgrounds (2785 U.S. Hwy. 50)
- Grand Valley Transit fixed and paratransit services (525 S. 6th St.)
- Public Health (510 29 1/2 Road)
- Public Works, Building, and Planning (971 Coffman Road & 200 S. Spruce St.)
- Regional Transportation Planning Office (525 S. 6th St.)
- Sheriff’s Office: Records and Civil Divisions (215 Rice St.)
- Solid Waste Management Campus (3071 U.S. Hwy. 50)
- Tri-River CSU Extension (2775 U.S. Hwy. 50)
- Workforce Center (512 29 1/2 Road)
Will any Mesa County offices remain open, but with alternate hours? Glad you asked. Animal Services (971A Coffman Road) will be open from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Are there any Mesa County offices not affected by the closures? As a matter of fact, yes. Offices not closing for July 4 include:
- Coroner's Office
- Criminal Justice Services (all locations)
- Sheriff's Office - jail, patrol, emergency services (215 Rice St.)
It is my sincere hope you won't need any of these offices on July 4. Rather, I hope you'll enjoy a well deserved break with plenty of fun, rest, and relaxation.