Marijuana Licensing and Regulations Information for Grand Junction
The city of Grand Junction knows there are a ton of questions regarding marijuana dispensaries in Grand Junction. We all know that marijuana is legal statewide but for years the city of Grand Junction and its residents had voted to keep it out of city limits. Well, that all changed recently but instead of a bunch of misinformation being tossed around the city of Grand Junction has information and is asking for citizens to take a new survey.
The information was detailed on the city of Grand Junction's Facebook page and website regarding many upcoming information meetings with a variety of dates and times including:
- May 19th - Virtual lunch hour - Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- May 24th - Riverside Park - 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- May 25th - Virtual lunch hour - Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- May 26th - Bookcliff Activity Center - 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- May 27th - Lincoln Park Barn - 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- June 1st - Virtual lunch hour - Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- June 1st - Eagle Rim Park - 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
How Will Grand Junction Marijuana Tax Dollars Be Used?
On January 6th, 2021 the Grand Junction City Council voted that marijuana tax dollars collected in Grand Junction would be used to build, operate and maintain the highest priorities in the parks, recreation, and open space. Over the next 8 to 10 years this could put $157 million dollars back into our community.
You Cannot Smoke Marijuana Where Ever You Want in Colorado
Many people are still under the misconception that you can smoke marijuana wherever you want because it's legal in Colorado. That is NOT the case. You smoke and drive that could be a DUI, get all the details here.