Grand Junction Places for Thanksgiving Meals
For most people, the Thanksgiving Day meal is a tradition, but that doesn't mean everybody is eating at home and so here are some places in Grand Junction to enjoy a meal on Thanksgiving.
For anyone who’s looking for a good Thanksgiving Day meal but doesn't want to tackle the cooking and the cleanup, here’s a list of places in Grand Junction where you can eat on Thanksgiving Day.
First of all, a couple of places offering a free meal.
- The Salvation Army Community Thanksgiving Dinner is scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thursday at the Elks Lodge, located at 249 South 4TH Street in Grand Junction. The public is invited to attend this free meal, and the Salvation Army will also deliver meals to shut-ins as well. Also, a shuttle will provide free transportation from Homeward Bound (2839 North Avenue in Grand Junction) to the Elks Lodge. For more information or to request a meal delivery to shut-ins, call 242-7513.
- First Christian Church will host their Annual Community Thanksgiving Day meal from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Thursday at the church, 1326 North First Street in Grand Junction. First Christian Church is encouraging everyone to come and enjoy the free meal. For more information, call 242-7204.
- Canyon View Vineyard Church - Delivery of Thanksgiving meals for those in need. Call 970-242-7970 to sign up for delivery.
For those that don't mind paying for the meal, here are some of the Grand Junction restaurants that will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Golden Corral, 1100 Independent Avenue in Grand Junction, will have a Thanksgiving Dinner buffet from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Thursday. For more information, call 970-241-7004.
- 626 on Rood - Noon to 7 pm. Reservations Accepted.
- Las Marias, 7th and Main - Turkey, Ham, Top Sirloin, Mexican Dishes, Dessert Bar. Reservations accepted for 6 or more at 970-241-2398. 11am-3pm.
- Grand International Buffet, 2505 HWY 6 & 50, 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Doubletree by Hilton Grand Junction, 743 Horizon Drive in Grand Junction, will have a Thanksgiving brunch starting at 10:00 a,m. For more information or to make reservations, call 970-241-8888.
- Ristorante Pantuso,11 a.m.-3 p.m. Reservations required...255-0000.
- Village Inn, North Avenue open until 2:00 p.m.
- Village Inn, Horizon Drive open 6 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Goodpastures, Horizon Drive open 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Reservations taken from 11-2 but not required...245-7200.