Five Reasons Why You Should Use Grand Junction’s Stocker Stadium to Reach Your Fitness Goals [LIST]
Have you considered using the track and equipment at Grand Junction's Stocker Stadium as part of your fitness routine for 2014? Here's a list of five reasons why you might want to consider using this excellent facility to achieve your fitness goals.
1. Running the track at Stocker is light-years better than using a treadmill. You can get in some legitimate running, and the surface is very easy going on the feet and knees. In addition, there are enough lanes available to accommodate every runner, regardless of pace.
2. You can combine running/jogging with other exercises using the facilities provided at the track. Personally, my routine consists of running the straights on the track, walking the curves, and then after each lap, a set of 25 situps on the bench located at the south end of the track. That routine can be done a total of four times, totaling a mile of jogging and one hundred situps, all in less than 20 minutes.
3. Privacy. I went to the track on a Monday evening, typically the busiest exercise day of the week, at roughly 6:30. Including myself, there were a total of exactly ten people in the entire park. Look at the stadium - no cheering crowd to be found anywhere. If you enjoy privacy when you exercise, you'll get it.
Note: whoever left the water bottle behind on the field, please pick it up.
4. Convenient hours. The park is open for the majority of the day, so have at it.
5. The price is right. Free is pretty hard to beat.