10 Utah Water Parks Totally Worth the Drive from Colorado
If the summer heat has you thinking about which Colorado water parks are worth the drive, allow us to share a few ideas. Did you know that our neighbors in Utah have some pretty great places to go cool off?
Waterslides, splash pads, and pools are all waiting on the other side of the state line in Utah. If you're looking for a fun day trip or a weekend getaway, consider the top ten waterparks in Utah that are all worth the drive.
Utah's 10 Best Water Parks Worth the Drive
In Colorado, you may notice that many of the largest waterparks are on the Front Range. This means we can drive to Colorado Springs, Denver, or Steamboat Springs and have a pretty great time. If you live in Grand Junction, you may be wondering which water parks you'll find if you head into Utah. Grab your beach towel and your sunblock and let's explore Utah's 10 Best waterparks in random order.
Splash Summit Water Park
- Name: Splash Summit
- Location: 1330 300 N, Provo, UT 84606
- Fun Factor: Check out the boomerang, half-pipe slide, freefall speed slide, avalanche, bowl slide, and the popular Summit Plunge.
- Season: Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Splash Summit.
Logan Aquatic Center
- Name: Logan Aquatic Center
- Location: 451 S 500 W, Logan, UT 84321
- Fun Factor: The Logan Aquatic Center features a speed slide, a circular slide, an Olympic pool, a lap pool, and a kiddie pool.
- Season: Open seven days a week till school starts.
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Logan Aquatic Center.
- Name: Lagoon-A-Beach
- Location: 375 North Lagoon Drive, Farmington, UT 84025
- Fun Factor: Lagoon-A-Beach has roller coasters, speed slides, tube slides, a lazy river, and the Bongo’s Bay kids area.
- Season: May to August
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Lagoon-A-Beach.
Lighthouse Point Splash Zone
- Name: Lighthouse Point Splash Zone
- Location: 2480 E Sunnyside Ave, Salt Lake City, UT 84108
- Fun Factor: The Lighthouse Point Splash Zone is located inside the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City.
- Season: Seasonal
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Hogle Zoo in Utah.
- Name: Cowabunga Bay
- Location: 12047 State Street, Draper, UT 84020
- Fun Factor: This is the world’s largest interactive water play center with 12 levels and over 300 elements.
- Season: The park is open from 10:30 to 6 pm during the summer.
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Cowabunga Bay in Draper, Utah.
- Name: Classic Waterslides
- Location: 4465 S 600 W Riverdale, UT 84405
- Fun Factor: Classic Waterslidea is a great place for kids. They have cool slides, a splash pad, and a big kiddie pool.
- Season: Open during the summer months
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Classic Waterslides.
Classic Fun Center
- Name: Classic Fun Center
- Location: 9151 S 255 W, Sandy, UT 84070
- Fun Factor: A smaller water park for kids and tweens can be found in Sandy at the Classic Fun Center. Check out the four waterslides and zero-entry pool.
- Season: The water park is seasonal and the indoor fun center is open all year.
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Sandy, Utah.
- Name: Cherry Hill
- Location: 1325 S Main Street, Kaysville, UT 84037
- Fun Factor: There is a giant pirate ship with water cannons inside Cherry Hill water park, and it might be the coolest thing I’ve seen all week. A must-see.
- Season: The water park is open from May to October.
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Cherry Hill Resort.
Cedar City Aquatic Center
- Name: Cedar City Aquatic Center
- Location: 2090 W Royal Hunte Drive, Cedar City, UT 84720
- Fun Factor: This recreation park offers an indoor aquatic center open year-round. It has a waterslide, splash pad, hot tub, kiddie pools, and Olympic size lap pool.
- Season: Open all year
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to the Cedar City Aquatic Center.
- Name: AquaXZone
- Location: 515 UT-319, Herber City, UT 84032
- Lake: Jordanelle Reservoir
- Fun Factor: AquaXZone features inflatable waterslides that float on the Jordanelle Reservoir. Meant for all ages six and older.
- Season: June to September
- Directions: Tap this link for directions to Herber City.