Clifton Man Facing Felony Charges for Over $80,000 in Stolen Goods
A tip to the Mesa County Sheriff's office led to the arrest of a 40-year-old Clifton man is facing felony charges pertaining to 11 burglary and theft cases in the Grand Junction area.
The Mesa County Sheriff's Office reports they obtained a warrant and made an arrest tied to the recent the burglary and thefts that happened around the area. They arrested 40-year-old Shaun Crowell of Clinton on Tuesday, October 30.
Crowell is facing the following charges:
- 7 counts of Second-degree Burglary (F5)
- 2 counts of Theft $750-$2,000 (M1)
- Theft $50-$300 (M3)
- Theft $20,000 - $100,000 (Class 4 Felony)
- 2 counts of Criminal Mischief, less than $300 (M3)
- Criminal Mischief $1,000 or more; less than $5,000 (F6)
- Aggravated Motor vehicle theft $20,000 or more (F4)
- Second Degree Criminal Trespass (M3)
- 2 Counts Possession of Burglary tools (F5)
The Mesa County Sheriff's Office worked with the Grand Junction Police Department to reveal seven burglary cases and four theft cases totaled $80,000 in stolen goods and $12,000 in property damage could be linked to Crowell.
These events happened between September 4 and October 18, 2018.
Police have recovered some of the stolen property valued at over $28,000 and are attempting to contact the owners of the recovered property.
This case is still under investigation.
Police are still looking for a black metal 10 x 4.5 trailer with red wheels and a red tongue and ball hitch believed stolen from a residence in the 3100 block of Chipeta Avenue.
If you have seen this trailer or have information about this case contact the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office at (970) 244-3267.