Broccoli is Manmade and Six Other Weird Factoids
I ran across some crazy random facts on Reddit this weekend that I just had to share. Like this: Did you know Hummingbirds have metabolisms so fast they have to hibernate every night or they'd starve to death in their sleep?! It's true.
I love random facts, and you never know when this useless knowledge might make you a winner of some game show! Just remember me when it does.
- Broccoli is manmade. It was carefully bred by Italian farmers more than 2,000 years ago, carefully breeding different types of wild cabbage to create it.
- A blue whale's heart is the size of a car.
- Lion tamers use chairs because lions are wired to focus on one thing and attack, so the four legs of the chair freak them out and make them back off.
- Hippopotamus milk is naturally bright pink.
- Pineapple has proteins that degrade meat and that includes human flesh. Apparently, people who work in pineapple processing plants will lose their fingerprints over time from handling them so much.
- Moisture in the air heightens your sense of smell, you're not smelling the rain, it's the cement, grass, and plants your smelling. That's why if you pee in the shower, it smells worse than peeing in the toilet.