Arrest Made In Grand Junction Officer-Involved Shooting
One man has been arrested in connection with an officer-involved shooting incident earlier this month in Grand Junction.
The man is identified as 30-year old Victor Jackson and is being held on a $1,000,000 cash bond. Jackson was released from the hospital today and immediately taken into custody.
The incident took place on February 2 at the Maverik station on 29 and D Road. Police had been called to the scene to remove an individual from the station and that's when the shooting occurred. No officers were injured in the incident.
The charges against Jackson include:
- 2 counts of first-degree assault
- 2 counts of menacing with a deadly weapon
- Resisting arrest
- Possession of a weapon by a previous offender
- Aggravated motor vehicle theft
- Criminal impersonation
- Criminal possession of a financial device, four or more
- Criminal possession of an identification document, two or more
- Unlawful possession of a controlled substance
- Special offender, sentence enhancer
Jackson is being held in the Mesa County Detention Facility and the case has been turned over to the 21st Judicial District Attorney's Office for review.