5 Jobs Available Right Now With the City of Grand Junction
Are you in the market for a new job? These five job positions with the City of Grand Junction are available right now. Who knows? One of these could be just the job you've been looking for.
The current job postings at the City of Grand Junction's official webpage include three opportunities which just went live this weekend (October 16, 2020). These range from full-time to part-time, with salaries between $16 an hour up to $9,869.60 a month.
Have you ever thought of pursuing a career as a Wellness Coordinator? Do you have a background in automotive repair? There are several opportunities available across a wide spectrum of backgrounds.
For your consideration, here are five job opportunities currently available with the City of Grand Junction.
Automotive and Equipment Technician$22.17 - $24.47 Hourly
According to the City of GJ's webpage, "This position offers a diverse work experience including performing maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs on light and heavy duty equipment and vehicles, as well as complex mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems."
- One to three years of equipment repair experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate's Degree or Certificate in Automotive and/or Diesel repair technology from an accredited college or technical trades institute preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within six (6) months from hire, a Colorado Class B Commercial Driver License.
- Possession of Air Conditioning Recovery and Recycle certification.
- Ability to work varying hours.
Part Time Wellness Coordinator$26.71 - $29.48 Hourly
At first glance, I didn't grasp what this job position entailed. According to GJ's official webpage:
The City of Grand Junction is seeking a highly innovative and engaging wellness leader, who can build strong relationships and collaborate with workgroups across the organization to create and promote a culture of wellness! This position will work directly with the City Wellness Committee and our employee Health Center - Sage Health and Wellness. If you thrive on creativity and have a passion for wellness, consider joining our Human Resources team!
If interested, be prepared to work 20 hours per week with schedule flexibility.
Custodian$16.25 - $17.93 Hourly
This job listing is pretty much self-explanatory. The listing reads:
As a Custodian with the City of Grand Junction Facilities Division, you will perform a full range of custodial duties related to the care, cleaning, and minor maintenance of assigned buildings and facilities. Candidates should be highly self-motivated and self-directed, efficient, and able to work both independently and as a team member.
One important criteria to note: Ability to work between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m.
Engineering Manager$8,938.80 - $9,869.60 Monthly
Personally, I can't even conceive of the idea of making $9,869.60 a month. For a significant portion of my life I didn't make that much in a year. What does one have to do in order to make that kind of money?
According to the City of GJ's webpage, the Engineering Manager:
...has experience in various engineering sectors including transportation, roadway design, and utilities, as well as a record of project delivery success working with a variety of agencies. If you have strong leadership ability, are self-motivated, and thrive in a busy and dynamic work environment, we want to hear from you!"
Parking Compliance Officer$18.16 - $20.06 Hourly
What exactly does a Parking Compliance Officer do? Well, the title pretty much speaks for itself. Responsibilities include:
- Patrol City parks, trails, facilities, and buildings by motorized vehicle, bicycle, or on foot to ensure compliance with City codes, parking rules, and regulations.
- Exercise judgment and independent action within departmental and legal constraints to deter criminal and other undesirable activity.
- Respond to calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Ability to process, boot and tow vehicles as needed.
Okay, so you're not likely to make a bunch of friends or win any popularity contests with this one. On the other hand, the perks are incredible. In addition to a competitive hourly wage, this job offers excellent benefits:
- health and dental insurance
- paid leave
- free or low-cost City employee health clinic
- wellness program