Winter Park Resort Voted North America’s Best Ski Resort
Colorado's Winter Park is the best of the best!
According to USA Today's readers, Winter Park, Colorado is the best ski resort in the hemisphere. Having just returned from a weekend in Telluride it's a bit of a surprise to me. Telluride seems hard to beat. However, I've not been to Winter Park so I can't say firsthand.
Winter Park is impressive. With over 3,000 acres of terrain divided into 7 different terrtories, 166 named trails, and 25 lifts, perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise it was voted "North America's Best Ski Resort?"
How did USA Today come about their findings? A panel of experts along with the "!0 Best" editors chose the 20 nominees. The winner was then determined by the masses.
The Top 10...
- Winter Park Resort - Winter Park, CO.
- Mount Bohemia - Lac La Belle, Mich.
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows - Olympic Valley, Calif.
- Alta Ski Area - Alta, Utah
- Copper Mountain - Copper Mountain, Colo.
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort - Golden, B.C.
- Deer Valley - Park City, Utah
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort - Revelstoke, B.C.
- Taos Ski Valley - Taos, N.M.
- Telluride Ski Resort - Telluride, CO.
Two Colorado ski resorts bookend the top 10. Again, pretty impressive. This wasn't the best ski resorts in the US but in all of North America! Amazing! Colorado is a very special place. Of course, you already knew that.
Credit: USA Today