Preparing You and Your Child For Back To School
If you are a parent then you know your kid’s summer vacation is hitting the last stretch before school starts.
So to get them out of summer mode and back into the swing of school, try these key things to help them along.
- Cut their bedtime back to help them get readjusted to waking up early. This is one I am also going to do since I also have to go back to school.
- Have your kids take an hour or two a day and read a book. That will help their minds expand and be ready for the tons of information they are going to take in
- If your kids are walking to school, find the best route to take. Every morning walk the route with them so they know exactly where to go. I have done this with both of my daughters and it seemed to stick.
- Sit down with your kids and just have a conversation with them about school starting. That will help take the back to school jitters that every kid has. It worked for me when I was a kid.
- Always bring your kids along and let them choose their own clothes. You want them to feel at their best. Letting their personality come through in what they choose is a big part of that. But of course, don’t let it go to extremes.
If you can do these things with and for your kids then when they do go back to school it will be so much easier for them. Not to mention their confidence will skyrocket!