Grand Junction Parks Patrol Needs You
The Grand Junction Police Department seeks applicants interested in working for Parks Patrol. This might be right up your alley. What qualifications do you need to be considered for the job?
If you are looking to get into law enforcement, or are searching for seasonal work, you might want to consider this opportunity. Parks Patrol employees have become instantly recognizable staples in Grand Junction. You could be part of the team.
What are the qualifications?
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Equivalent to completion of 12th grade plus one year of experience in public recreation, security, or related fields
- Desire to work in law enforcement
- Possession or ability to obtain Colorado Driver's License
- Good physical condition
- Good moral character (criminal history could disqualify)
- Must pass a background check
- Must complete a pre-employment physical and drug screening
Okay, so let's say you meet these qualifications. What's in it for you?
- Pay = $15 per hour
- Gain valuable experience which could lead to a future in law enforcement
- 40 hours a week from May to September
- 28 hours a week from March to April and from October to November.
- Job can accommodate college schedules
Let's say you get the job - what exactly will you be doing?
- Patrol city parks, trails, facilities and buildings via motorized vehicle, bicycle, or on foot
- ensure compliance with parking laws, city codes, rules, and regulations
- visual checks through parks
- report safety problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- deter criminal and other undesirable activity
- Issue citations for violations
- Summon city police when enforcement beyond scope of authority is needed
- Respond to citizen complaints and resolve minor conflicts
- Perform a variety of public relations functions
- Assist in emergency situations
- Assist in traffic control at various parks and events
What do you think? Are you interested? If someone were looking to get their foot in the door in law enforcement, this seems like the perfect opportunity.
Still in college? Here's an opportunity for seasonal employment offering pay along with training and experience. Applications must be received by August 25, 2017.
Give it some consideration. The members of the Parks Patrol have become icons here in the valley. At the very least, you might want to try out for the position, just to see if you qualify.