Five New Jobs With the City of Grand Junction for March
February is ending, March is on the way, and it might just be time for a new gig. Are you ready for a new career? The City of Grand Junction is hiring for several positions. Check out the list. One of these might be right up your alley.
These jobs come in every color of the rainbow. Everything from suit-and-tie to working on the golf course. Regardless of what you're looking for, you might just find it here.
Okay, nobody makes this much money. The President doesn't make this much. Astronauts don't make this much. If you can fulfill these duties, you might be wise to pursue this opportunity.
- Provide technical assistance to system users within various departments of the City and outside agencies
- Respond to user inquiries
- Provide second tier help desk support
- Conduct routine security administration functions
- Provide information for public safety users
If you love the great outdoors, this might just be your gig. If you love golf, this is definitely right for you. What's involved?
- Perform a variety of duties in the care and maintenance of irrigation systems, equipment, and facilities for Golf
- Water and maintain landscaped areas consisting of turf, bushes, trees, flowers, and shrubs
- Prune bushes and shrubs; water, mow, weed, and aerate turf; edge and trim around fence lines and other items
- Apply herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides safely and accurately
- Maintain records of chemicals used; monitor the condition of turf
Here's your chance to hang around the golf shop. What's involved?
Perform a variety of duties in the daily operations of the Golf Course golf shop including sales of golf merchandise and golf services, arranging merchandise displays, collecting of greens fees and passes, making reservations for tee times and providing information and assistance to the public.
Sounds pretty cut and dry.
Here's another one of those astronaut pay grade jobs. What do you have to do in order to make these kinds of bucks?
- Manage the IT customer service support function and staff
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures and standards
- Complete and review operational reports
- Conduct short and long-term planning for customer service support and for IT projects, contracts and expenditures
- Develop and monitor the customer service unit budget and department-wide IT project, contract and procurement budgets
- Ensure compliance with software licensing
- Eversee the IT risk management program
... and the list goes on and on from there. This is a big job.
This position is listed continuously on the site. What are the qualifications?
- Good physical condition
- Minimum of 21 years of age, as of date of hire
- Minimum vision corrected to 20/40 in worst eye and 20/20 in best eye
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid Colorado driver license
- Good moral character (past criminal activity may be disqualifying – see list)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays