Contact Us

Grand Junction at the Bottom of Colorado’s Safest Cities

Mesa County, Colorado

The 50 safest cities in Colorado was recently released, and we’re surprised where Grand Junction showed up on the list. Is it really that bad here?

The National Council for Home Safety and Security released the list of Colorado’s safest cities. Using the information they gathered from the FBI Uniform Crime Report, the top cities were ranked on the number of violent and property crimes.

Due to their severity, violent crimes made of 70% of the figure while property crimes made up the remaining 30%.

The top five safest cities reside on Colorado’s Front Range. Johnstown, Frederick, Louisville, Firestone, and Erie. Two western Colorado towns made in the top 10; Gypsum and Eagle.

For rest of western Colorado, more specifically, closer to home, Fruita just made the top 20 at number 18.

Now for the bad news. The bottom 10 safest cities are halved with the Western Slope.

Coming in at number 40, Durango. Followed by Delta at 43, Montrose at 44 and Aspen at 46. Seems like the wild west.

Denver, needless to say, comes in at 49. So where is Grand Junction? At the very bottom.

Rounding out the list at #50, our home of Grand Junction, Colo. If you remember, Grand Junction was named one of Colorado’s most dangerous towns a few years back.

Do you think this area is really that bad?

[KOAA / Alarms]

Best of Mix 104.3

Recommended for You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Friends with Benefits quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Friends with Benefits contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.